APEX 18.2 and IG Automatic row processing issue
Using virtual aggregating column in IG source query
Interactive grid row processing issue
If you add a virtual aggregate column to your IG your Automatic Row Processing process stops working completely!!
First you get
After you set Prevent Lost updates on your page process to No
the error changes
but it still does not work.
- create a page
- create an IG region with select * from emp;
- make it editable
- save and run (everything works fine right!!?)
- Add row_number() over(order by empno desc) row_nbr,
- set the column to be hidden and Source to be Query only
Your IG Save process for some reason is now broken. Weird thing is it even reorders your IG.
Demo example on apex.oracle.com -> https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=84111:15
I raised a ticked for this on OTN.
Now you may wonder why on earth would I want to do this. Answer to this in my follow up post. ;)
P.S. 22 Feb 2019 Update as per OTN replies
Marko's suggestion on how to include aggregate function is:
- Change column source to the SQL Expression and as a source use row_number() over (order by EMPNO desc)
Also manual PL/SQL process works fine with aggregate function I had two processes on my interactive grid out of which one had Server side condition = Never but it was still executed by page accept process casing the error. Now I have separated the two to better show case this issue. :)
Thanks all for your help on this one.